Tuesday 15 August 2017

It's been a while

Diogenes the Cynic

I feel like I should say something. It's rude to just bugger off, without offering up any kind of explanation or satisfactory ending to the story. Happy or otherwise. For anyone still interested, things are fine. We got walloped with a whole lot of death. A big chunk of love torn out of our lives. So, we've had that to deal with. Which, I have come to understand, isn't unusual for people of our age.

Our boat still floats. And that massive 23hp Bukh engine is still pushing us along nicely. This year, our insurers are requesting that we have her out for a hull survey. I suspect some minor plating will be necessary, but we are not currently in any danger of breaching our hull. When she's out of the water, I'll probably have to redo a lot of the jobs that this blog started out with. But this time, as least I will know what I'm doing.

Today, I had a nice lunch with Sue and Vic at Spade Oak, then saw Andy and Sue at Marlow lock. I thought...."I used to enjoy writing the boat blog. Happy Days."... so here I am...

Cruising singlehanded upriver, in the height of summer, with two labradors. Wehey! Sheena will hopefully be re-joining us at Abingdon.

The mission is to get up to Oxford cruisers for a boat safety examination, without blowing the head gasket on the 6-8 hour non stop stretches that are now necessary. Seeing no boats at all on the Tesco moorings at Reading is going to be a shock. Even though I'm prepared for it.

4 comments:

  1. Well what a pleasant surprise, to see a long awaited posting... welcome back to blog-land Ken :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to se a blog again Ken. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where has the striped blazer gone. Hopefully see you all on our way back up stream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @KevinTOO: Thanks, Kevin. Nice to meet you last winter. Sorry Bryn tried to hump your dude.

    @Carol: Thanks, Carol. I did wave on my way up. but it was early, so I guess you were still in bed. Looks nice on the meadows.

    @Andy: Went with option B this year. bare feet and logs on the roof. I was also going to deploy the horn of henley, but alas, I could not leave the tiller whilst going
    past Phylis court.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.