Saturday 21 May 2011

Wehey!

The universe smiled at me this morning. I stepped off the boat, and found a £5 note. Would have been nicer, if it was a £20 of course. But I mustn't grumble at any gift from the river gods.

Gift from the GodsMy opinion of Reading has changed quite a bit. The times I've visited it before, it's been viewed from a train window at speed, or behind the windscreen of a car. When thoughts of Reading popped into my head, it's invariably been associated with "concrete", "business parks", and "wall to wall traffic". But, down by the river, walking along the towpath, it's lovely. It has wide open green spaces, and more Swans than we can count on our digits. They're not all huddled together and hanging out for crumbs from tourists either, unlike the ones we saw at Windsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.