Thursday 3 March 2011

Back Again

Enjoyed a nice peaceful and relaxing night in Marlow. but it was cold and grey when I woke up in the morning. The wind was also whipping up waves on the river, which was a bit disconcerting.

Set off at 11am. Didn't get sucked into the weir, and only had to wait a couple of minutes at the layby, before the lock keeper opened the gates and waved me in. I hadn't seen this one before, and he gave dogma's plates and license a big old scrutiny. The passage through the lock was ultra rapid, and I was on my way again a couple of minutes later. On the way back, it was very windy, and quite rough. But the journey to the marina only took twenty minutes, as the current was whizzing us along like a pencil in the stream.

Tied us up safely. Peter and the marina lads seemed quite surprised and impressed that I'd tackled Marlow lock on my own. Tried not to make a big thing of it, but I am secretly well chuffed with myself.

Blue Blankie

2 comments:

  1. Well done. It was a big step to take especially at this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brian & Diana. It was good for the confidence levels. The river is considerably calmer today, so i'm off out again in a minute. It's such a blessing to have it all to myself. I can't believe how lucky I am.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.